Monday, January 19, 2009

Bariton

There is this new bar, just round my corner. Bariton, It's called. I already send some friends and meet some other there and they were all satisfied. It is the first time that I am welcomed with such a smile for the first time entering the place. They opened three weeks ago so that's why I never noticed it. It is a very nice decorated one. Simple but friendly. Nothing special, nothing design but a nice Berlin bar, with furniture picked up on flee markets or on the streets. The sofa is very comfortable. The owner told me they've worked by themselves 3 weeks to build it and he lost 10 kilos during the work. Actually, when you see the guy, you say "whaoo!" It was worth because he is very nice looking. I took some wine, he didn't really know what he had and needed some help. But the drink was good enough to start the evening. He can do cocktails as well, unfortunatly no gin he has, matches my taste but he asked me what I like, so maybe next time I can order my Martini cocktail. You can eat at the place too. Easy things, mostly mexican, small dishes but to complete the drinks, It's OK. The warmth of the fireplace helps you to stay, and in the main room, the two partners allows you to smoke. The good bar I like to go, alone or not, the one you know you'll have a quiet and peaceful time, just for you. And they serve nuts that I love with the wine. I could eat those for hours, only by greed. And when he opens the bottle of wine, he makes you taste it ! Some games are also available like chess, or read a magazine. Music is a mix of jazz and lounge, just to put you in the mood. If you want to go, It's Weserstrasse 23, where the taxi station is, if you ever need one to go home, whatever your state is. If you can't even take a taxi, next door is the hotel.

No comments: