Monday, May 4, 2009

Schneeweiss

May is a big month for us. I mean, for holidays and free time. May 1st, May 8th are bank holidays in France and because It is also the start of good weather, people want to go out and come to see you, as Berlin’s a trendy city now. Meaning since one month, I never stop welcoming friends at home. I am very happy about it but I would be a liar if I said I am not tired. I still have my work day to achieve and the evenings (and nights !) to spend with friends. Clearly said, I drink too much, I smoke too much, I’m losing appetite, I can’t concentrate that much anymore … and I want even more. Anyway, what I would really need now is a week off anywhere in the world where you can find Sea, sex and sun but in the meantime, I welcomed last week-end my good friend C. for 3 days at home. It was her first time in my adopted city and I liked to play the tourist guide. In the evening, thanks to the warmth, we had the possibility to have our first dinner outside, at the Schneeweiss' restaurant. Everybody will tell you the same about this place. It looks wonderful and It is. It’s big and yes, you can have dinner there either for two or many. It’s white and It is definitely very white. It’s full and It is always. What is also surprising is that, this trendy place welcomes you also for late dinner, which is not that common here, when you think you have to eat your dinner quickly (and early) and then you can start to chat, once you left the table. I didn’t book any table but some were still free outside, which is much better because of the noise and warmth inside (and the non-smoking sign!). I was surprised by the quality of the service, good and warm, I found the food OK : my friend had some asparagus with wiener schnitzel and I had beef with vegetables. You have to know, this is Alps cuisine (mostly from Austria) so don’t expect the degustation of your life but still, worth advisable. There is only one wine at the glass but was OK too. I find the prices a bit high but you pay for the place and people there are nice looking, some king of mid 20’s-30’s meeting there to talk advertising campaigns. But be careful : It can also happens that you will spend there the worst evening of your life because the service can be sooooo bad, you can’t imagine. It was very risky to bring my friend there because her temper can be very aggressive (and she speaks very good German) but It can last hours before you will get anything on the table. You are warned.

No comments: