Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Foodorama

I tried a new restaurant, but this time not in my neighborhood. It is in Kreuzberg, in the very trendy area in Bergmannstrasse. It is called Foodorama and It is said to be organic food. I don’t really know what It means but we expected to be bio cuisine. I guess it was. My friend booked the table for 5 and I arrived the first one when the ones hat their aperitif somewhere else. The welcoming was not very good, I must say. It is true I was not very well dressed but I had a party after the dinner and I didn’t want to return home to get change. So let’s say I was “casual” and the girl at the entrance looked at me from head to toe. So from the first look, she was not my friend. I sat waiting some minutes and my friends arrived and then everything went better. I must say that It is not expensive but good, not the best restaurant in town but somewhere to go if you are in the neighborhood, with its design pure, white and dark green walls together with wood tables for 6 and the bar welcoming you. The thing to remember is that with this type of restaurant or shop, you will see that the area is modeling itself as new. This happened in Mitte and Prenzlauer Berg, now It’s coming in Kreuzberg. It shows you that the city is still evaluating.

No comments: