Sunday, March 21, 2010

Marianne

Saturday evening, my man was invited at a birthday party in a bar in Kreuzberg. I was happy to join because I like the area and wanted to go out for a drink, maybe two, for sure not three, at least not before the fourth. Anyway, we arrived late because we took our time, baked a cake, having thought It will be some kind of family reunion. So around midnight, right after the clock said the friend is now a year older, we arrived in Marianne. And big surprise. One thing my man forgot to tell me before going, is that his friend is lesbian. It is absolutely not a problem to me, except that I’ve never been to a lesbian party before. The bar was full … of girls. That makes things strange when you arrive and you’re not 1) the correct gender and 2) definitely not of the right sexual orientation. Feeling the (almost) only man in the place among women feels strange. It makes you feel not unique but a rare unknown specie who landed here by mistake. Some are curious to watch you evaluating on this new planet, you can see on some faces “but what is he doing here ?” and some after noticing something strange in the environment, forget you at once because the girl next chair at the bar sipping her red wine is definitely more intriguing and surely fuckable, will do for that night. My man noticed some acquaintances so I let him go and ordered a glass of wine and found a table with chair faaaaaar away on the last corner of the bar. But the good thing is that from the place I was, I could have a general (interested) look at the public. I noticed two other guys, so I was not feeling (too) lonely. But some details I noticed straight away are interesting. It is very common that men go out alone, sit at a bar and drink calmly his drink while doing nothing or at most having discussion with an unknown. If he is in a darkroom, he will have sex and go back hone, feeling satisfied (or not, but It is another debate). In a male darkroom (I can’t say gay darkroom, you’ll never know who’s coming there), even if the place is forbidden for women, you will find separated toilets for them (It is the law, I saw It, I confirm). And gay men like do be with girls, even lesbians, the contrary does not seem that obvious. In a lesbian bar, men are not forbidden. They can come in. But girls do not come out alone. I saw no girl alone during the evening. They all know someone in the place and stick together the whole evening, sometimes even creating groups when one meets other friends. This, I never saw. And they leave also together. In the lesbian bar, there is no toilets for men. I let you imagine the reaction of the girls when you need to pee. But the mood was great. Unfortunately, we arrived after the concerts. After a while and a few drinks, I was not alone at my table anymore but 4, when we were requested to be there for the concerts at the end of the month. It was already the middle of the night and because the party was nearly finished, we decided to go at Roses, which is around the corner in Oranienstr. The bar was also full, we started at the bar and finished near the sofa where we could breathe a little. Some of the girls from the party joined us a while after but we could hardly make contacts. What a pleasant first lesbian night.

No comments: