Tuesday, January 25, 2011

'tis Autumn (of my life)

Since I read today in English, let me introduce you the book : Mary Ann in Autumn: A Tales of the City Novel. Written by Armistead Maupin. You all know him, famous with the San Francisco chronicles and the colourful characters leaving at Barbary Lane. The serie was good too, unfortunately not covering all books. One of the main character, Mary Ann, after a 20 years’s city absence, is now back to San Francisco to her friend Mouse, Michael Tolliver. She is at what we call her life’s autumn and she will have to deal at the same time with renewal of long time lost friends and health problems. I can’t give you the whole story because I’m reading it at the time but the thing is that I have the feeling that I lived all those years with those characters. They are a part of me and I am happy Mr Maupin wrote another one because the style never changed, is easy for me to read and I can only close the book when I fall asleep. Last evening, like many others, I woke up the light on and the book fallen from the bed. Those people are like the family you don’t have, the friends you want to cherish at all times and protect. I didn’t miss at all the tales because I knew somehow that It will carry on coming up from time to time.

No comments: