Thursday, June 23, 2011

Turkish delight

It is something I always wanted to try but never had the occasion to do. How strange does this sound when you live in the second biggest city of Turkey : Berlin, Germany. I have a friend, she is vegetarian and last week-end, she welcomed from west Germany a friend of hers. After a city tour which last the afternoon, they decided to have dinner in the turkish district, Kreuzberg, and have some food. They called and asked me if wanted to join, and as I had no other plans and the night before was pretty alcoholic, again, I decided to give it a go, very curious about the food. It was absolutely delicious. The restaurant is called Defne, is located on the river, just paralell of the trendy district of Graefestrasse. True, I never been in a turkish restaurant before. When you enter the place, your nose is so happy to find those flavours that when the menu arrives with the friendly waitress, you just want to have it all. But I stayed quiet and ordered something simple with meat and vegetables and was not disapointed at all. The prices are normal for the plate you receive and the quality is excellent. During summer, they have a beautiful terrasse near the river with reinforce again the pleasure you have to be there.

No comments: