Sunday, July 24, 2011

Summer in the city

I don’t really understand the weather, It’s like seasons do not exist anymore. Following the calendar, we definitely are in summer season end of July but It’s like we are not. I still wear my jumper everyday and It rains since days without break. Or I guess the Earth may have changed its way and we are more on the Asian monsoon side. Anyway, It’s 8:30 a.m and It’s dark outside, I need the office light to be able to see anything and my colleagues agree to say that we had 2 beautiful days of summer last week. We all dream of sun and warmth when we haven’t decide yet to re-start the heating system: We hardly go to the bar lately, not even speaking of terraces and prefer to bake cakes instead or welcoming friends at home for soup dinner. The wind screams at every window, you get the feeling you’re watching a vampire movie and I can’t sleep at night because of the noise of the rain against the roof windows. It’s not summer in the city, It’s singing in the rain.

No comments: