Sunday, October 30, 2011

Bloona

I thought I knew every bar in my neighborhood but no, there are still some I have to discover. Coming back from drinks at Place Clichy the other day, we wanted to have the “one for the road” drink. I didn’t have the bike so walking through Boxhagener Platz, I noticed that between Schlecker and the Ampelman shop, there was a bar, with nice lights, a real big wood bar with stools. And people were smoking inside. My kind of place. They have also a very nice room behind the big tables for a more comfy living room atmosphere. But It’s also the room where you can book to launch your private party. OK, if you’re at the bar and want to go to the toilets, you will have to cross the crowd of screaming girls and boys with strange hats maybe but It’s part of the fun and you can make nice acquaintances. They have everything you like to drink from beer to wine and Ricard to Absinthe, I guess they also can make cocktails but I’ll stick with the standard, though the Riesling was a bit sour. During the week, It’s of course quieter but there is a big chance that you’ll meet the barfly. I was there twice this week and he was twice there. I wouldn’t say It is a coincidence because he talks a lot with the (nice and smiley) waitress and always tries to make conversation with the others sitting next to him, same chair, same place, same drink, same attitude.You want to be at Bloona's because you like it. Simple as that.

No comments: