Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekly

Time goes by now very quickly, I noticed. It is a real luxury (and pleasure) to let time go by, listening music, making a new coffee, watching snow melting from the roof windows. Yes, It started to snow in Berlin this week. The Christmas markets will soon open. It’s every year the same. You’re expecting Christmas season to begin and you enjoy as much when It ends because you just can’t stand it anymore. Last week, after being to the pool on Friday evening because It was closed during the week-end (championships) I went with a friend at Grosse Freiheit. It was packed as usual but though a lot of people come there for sex, I still enjoy having a drink (or more) from time to time because It is unformal, the drinks are cheap and you can smoke. Saturday, a friend called to ask to join her for dinner because she had friends coming from abroad but I answered I’d rather join them a bit after for a drink. We all met at the Avastar Bar in Kreuzberg, where they play live music and after a while, the mood went up and we decided to join the party of the day at Aquaritter's “15 Jahre Pyonen”. This a place that you don’t know It exists in the city until you’re among the happy few who know the place and give you the tip. I went for the first time last year for the 5 years anniversary party of Moebel Olfe and I remember, I already found the place amazing. It is an old factory, empty on the ground floor and party events happen there once in a while. It’s written nowhere when something is happening. Nevertheless It’s always a success because hundreds of people arrive to enjoy. It’s friendly until people get too drunk or drugged, as usual, and after a while there is so many people in the places (two dance floors and a lounge), you can’t even go though the (tiny) doors. You get the feeling to fight to have your way. The music was amazing and I was ready to stay longer but unfortunately one of the guys took ecstasy, was high for a time and then was down, and really down. His girlfriend began to get angry, she could not find her man in the crowd anymore, we got involved, we were quickly fed up and so It was time to go home, the mood was gone. I put the girls in a taxi and reached my bed. Sunday was planned a nice evening at the Volksbühne. When I was living at the corner, I never went but always had the idea, one day, to attend a show. Most of them are theatre, that I avoid because of the language, but this time It was modern dance, in English. A mix of dance and dialogs. The motto of the piece can be resumed with the word of Rivane Neuenschwander “I try to exercise loss, but that does not necessarily mean that I am able to accept it”. From my point of view, who have no special skills to understand what’s on the stage, I did not understand spontaneously and It was a bit difficult, though interesting and I liked Maybe Forever. We were lucky enough sometimes, to have some live music of Niko Hafkenscheid, though melancholic folk, which brought distraction. I agree that the mood was rather sad and with the weather now in Berlin, almost always grey, It did not add any colours in our life. I loved the first act, though almost completely dark that hurt my eyes, but I found the music good and this dance of two bodies joining and separating each other, well done. Then comes the live music and the second part starts, and you understand that the rest of the piece will be the quest of two lovers, who try to recall their past love without success. “Can you make wishes ? can we do it together, so we don’t need to listen to each other”. Then the next week began with all its everyday worries and It started to snow on Thursday, inauguring the winter season, that I officially declare open because now It is really cold and windy. Time to make new coffee.

No comments: