Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Luzia

I can't help myself going in new places. Again, the choice in the city is so wide that It never ends. Sometimes bad, sometimes good, It's still interesting to try new things. Last evening, I had an appointment with a friend. We don't see each other a lot, though we live, maybe let's say 20 minutes from each other, but you know, life keeps us busy. Nevertheless, everytime we meet, we want it special, just to enjoy the moment, the good wine, and smoking cigs without having to face the cold outside. So the criterias are : a place we never been to, where they have a choice of red wine, not too far for us to reach, where we can smoke. My friend suggests first to go to Chritsmas markets and drink Glühwein, but I'm not a big fan. And the weather is cold so, just the idea of staying outside drinking, makes me uncomfortable. Second option was Luzia in Kreuzberg. (just noticing It's snowing again !). It is in one of the most crowded street of the area, Oranienstrasse. I like very much this street for Its multi-culti aspects and I love the bar. I noticed It many times when I was passing by but never went into. It has the space and they make no compromise in their choices, meaning that It does not look like any other place where everyone has to fit the picture. You can like it, you can't. I personally do and my friend as well, all this spontaneously. Can't explain, we were just happy to be there. Beside the good atmosphere and energy, you can find your beloved spot. The café is done in a way that you can be in the passage, at the bar, a bit comfy on the other side, you can be higher than anyone (if you're courageous enough to climb the ladder), or watching the movements of the street on the platform. We were in the middle, sitting lazy in armchairs. We ordered the portuguese (light) wine and that was fine. I find the people who serve very friendly and smiling, and that makes a lot. I recognize some faces already seen, so I guess if they go at the same places I'm visiting, this is a good sign. Of course, there is the "I'm here and I'm cool and you recognize me and I recognize you" factor but who cares ? You just feel yourself very much OK in this bar. I read you can have something to eat until late afternoon and cocktails at night while hearing DJ's sets. Next time.

No comments: