Saturday, February 7, 2009

The preheat's danger

As usual, the plans for the night changed. Because It is the Berlinale, the friend I was supposed to meet at SO36 said he would probably be late. Actually he had another party before and I guess he stayed there. I didn't go neither because what was supposed to be my first part of the evening, what another friend of mine calls a "before" or "preheat", last until 5.00 a.m. So of course it was too "early" to carry on and truly said, I was not in good shape. I even kissed a straight guy (he asked for it), so you can imagine how well It went. I also forgott my first appointment of the day but apologies, it is postponed. All this happened in KMA 36, where I don't go that often but it is true, in summer, the terrasse is worth the walk and It is just in front of Klub International, so I rarely hesitate. The vodka martinis are excellent, and the bar’s architecture alone is worth the visit—this former GDR cosmetics studio is an open constructivist glass box that would rank with the best of Warsaw Pact design. Glowing bright at night, the bar has a simplicity and inclusiveness that belie its ridiculous roots. it is a beautiful bar with two levels in a see through cubic shape. The scenery around the venue alone is worth the ride. The buildings, which were build to show off the glories of communism are among the most particular sights Berlin has to offer. But tonight, promise, I will go to Moebel Olfe party, one of the highlight of the year, truly. I can't miss it and I asked so many people to come that I must be there, though I have a "preheat" (very early actually) at CSA Bar. Can't wait for Monday to start again !

No comments: