Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Feedback

I arrived on time and there was still tickets available. Bought a bottle of Bionade. Because it is a very good drink and waited until they opened the doors and sit at a good space. It was not full, I guess because It was Saturday evening and of course It is the evening to go out and not especially not to go to the movie. I was nevertheless surprised there was only men. Just a few ladies were there. I guess It’s because the program was oriented to men. It turned out that my expectations were not honored and I had, on the contrary, surprises. The French Candy Boy was very nice indeed. It’s made the way of a Japanese animation film where you expect everything nice but happens to be a sad and actual story. The Swedish Daniel and Alex received bad critics and it’s one of my favourite of the selection. I find this story of those two friends (one gay, one straight) so true, that I understand, after a good dinner alone at home, many drinks and chit chat about relationships and sex, the straight gets off his pants and the gay is (almost) ready to suck. But nothing happens because friendship is more important. The swiss Vandals gets all my points. This story, in all blue and grey colours, of those two young men, who are in love but can’t live together because of one who can’t express himself neither choose his sexuality, is very real. I expected a lot from Center of the universe but got bored, like the character and I understand why his boyfriend left him actually. The rest of the selection was OK but was not thrilled. I expected more feelings, good or bad but more strength, more fights for the cause, maybe, and what about the gay life of a 40 something, not in relationship who assumes himself, his fears, his hopes, his doubts, the view of the others upon him, his relationship with people of his age, his place in the society ? I guess nobody cares.

No comments: