Friday, October 30, 2009

RPO

The Royal Philarmonic Orchestra came to berlin for 2 nights last Sunday. They play music of Tschaikowsky, Beethoven and Dvorak. The main conductor of the orchestra Charles Dutoit was there and the event took place at the Konzerthaus in Gendarmenmarkt . I did not much anything of the pieces but I could notice that the public enjoyed a lot. At the break I met a friend I didn’t see for more than two years now because she plays in the orchestra and she travels a lot to play her instrument. And when she does not travel, she just want to stay home and take care of her family, that I understand perfectly. At the return of the break, we enjoyed la Moldau which is a piece I like a lot. It was Sunday evening and It was very foggy in the city. I went with the bike and because I was not alone that evening at the concert, we headed slowly back home and noticed that a most of the monuments of the city were illuminated. It was, like every year at the same time, the Festival of lights. The festival of lights which I completely forgot, as usual, though I had noticed beautiful and strong lights in the sky since a couple of weeks but without asking myself more questions. We passed the house of the Kanzlerin Angela Merkel and followed the road to the bridge next to the Berliner Dom and carried on to see the back of the cathedral illuminated with thousands of green light points, moving all together. We passed under the bridge and went to the Rathaus (where our mayor works). The building was full of light since It is already red. Of course we could not do the trip without seeing the Fernsehturm and Alexanderplatz and back home. The evening had a special atmosphere thanks to the fog and It was fabulous. All noises were diminished and It gave to the monuments a special attraction, especially for the Fernsehturm and Its strong lighting. We are happy to have been able to save the event on pictures. A very nice evening indeed.

No comments: