Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Macarons

I told you about the new French café Louise Chérie in my neighborhood but I noticed on the market last Saturday that It’s not the only new French around the corner. Last Saturday was the birthday dinner of a friend and I was looking for something to bring outside flowers/wine/stupid present you’ll never use. Though It is still cold and snowing, I was wandering quietly among the stands, hesitating what bread or sausage I’d bring home or which coffee maker I will use for my morning espresso. And I saw the new one. Les macarons de Stéphane. I saw him once and thought It won’t last. A friend of mine brought macarons from him on our last aperitif and it was delicious. I said this time I’ll give it a go and I don’t regret it. The language of course helps a lot, especially for me to understand every variety of ingredient Stéphane is using to make those delicious colorful little cakes. I couldn’t choose between caraml, lavanda, balck forest, white chocolate and many others so I took 12, one of each sort. I brought this little box later at the dinner as present because It is also very nice to see and only the idea of tasting those makes you drool. I must say that I bought myself a box of 4 that did last long once I return home. The extra good news is that Stéphane just opened his job in Gärtnerstrasse, next to Macondo café. The aim now is not to pass by every day to buy the macarons. Moving on on the market and buying some other tasty things like fruits chutney or cheese, I was looking for a present to send to France because It is the birthday next week of my best friend and his wife. I know they love ceramic and just when I had the thought of it, in front of me stands the beautiful objects of la recreation. When we started to talk, It was clear that the girl has the same language as I have and it makes the contact easier. Only with what was on display last Saturday, I was already satisfied but she asked me to come in her shop, just minutes away, next Thursday so I can discover more. She agreed as well to prepare some extra strong box so the things can travel safely. On top of that I just need to buy a new box of macarons and the birthday present is ready to be shipped to Paris. Maybe a birthday card ? Anyway, It becomes difficult now to avoid the French in my neighborhood. Between Louise Chérie, les macarons de Stéphane, Place Clichy, Oh la la and to be served La recreation, I’m surprised I only took 2 kilos.


 
 





 


No comments: