Sunday, April 19, 2009

Snax

True, I didn't talk to you about the Snax party I went to the last saturday. I didn't tell you there was a Snax party this year but It's like Christmas, every year is the same at the same time of the year. So this year was the same ... and a bit more. Like every year at the same time of the year, It is also the birthday of a good friend of mine here. Tradition makes it that as a birthday present, I buy the entry ticket for him. Other friends of mine were coming from different places and I was happy to go there in the hope of meeting nice people around. We went a group of 4 to berghain around 11:00 p.m., opening of the doors. Well, actually, It was already full. There was 3 entrances, one with pre-paid tickets (us), normal entrance and the public party at the Panorama bar but both not connected. I wore for the occasion (and probably the only time of the year) my leather trousers, very uncomfy needless to say, and very warm as well for such a party. But I came in the first one of the group, thinking that everyone will follow. But I ended up alone at the vestiaire because two of my friends were not allowed to enter the room because of the wrong dress code they had (actually they had nothing fetish, that was the mistake). I remember last year, It was not that strict. The choice was 1) you go back home to change "clothes" or 2) you get your ticket reimbursed. I had no mobile, I didn't know what happened, I spent most of the evening alone, meeting people I didn't want to meet, not meeting people I wanted to meet, drinking shitty warm G&T, smoking too much, looking at this cattle market, too warm, too dusty, too sweaty, too stinky, sad sex everywhere (like the pig party last september), forget, no point, I'm leaving. And finally downstairs, I met one friend and his man from Austria. And finally I see my other friends coming. We shared a drink (or two maybe) but I had enough, the mood was not there, the energy neither, It was time to go back home. I'm rather sure next year I will not go, meaning I have to find some other birthday present.

No comments: