Friday, August 10, 2007

fragile

We easily forget how fragile our body is. We believe without even thinking of it that we can do everything we want with it. We complain because it changes itself without permission or we are never satisfied the way it is and that is why a big percentage of the planet goes to the gym and work so hard, or wear a S when a L is highly recommended, just because it has the effect of a corset !
Anyway, waiting my flight at the airport (for once I was early enough) I had a look at the people hanging around, buying newpapers, coffee, eating, taking care of kids, ... . The airport has this advantage that you can watch people that you would never meet on your planet. The mother too kind with her daughter who beats her, I am sure you would say to yourself, com' on here little bitchy, I'll teach you respect. The two young guys in their 20s taking the 4 seats when the old lady is standing up, you would say to yourself, move on boys, you only need one seat at a time (but you don't go to the lady to offer your seat, why should you ?). The business man who on the first look is all dressed up for his daily meeting and who's passing in front of you a second time has no jacket anymore and the shirt is out of the trousers (hmmmm.... what has he done during the last 15 mn ? you'll never know, he he he, or will you ?) and on and on and on.
But in all this crowd, this little world, I was surprised how countless people are injured. For whichever reason, they have bandages, put into plaster, walking with a cane or roll in a chair, all those reminded me that it can happen at anytime to anyone and most of the time, stupidly. My last big experience was with the motorbike when a car forgot that it was a one way street and took it (the wrong way, of course) so faced me too quickly and bang ! I couldn't walk within 5 months. The good thing in all those crisis, once your fear is gone and you adapt yourself to the nurse and the medication, your body reacts. Because I walked on one leg all this time, when I started to reeducate it, the body refused. It made its own way and said no to put the feet on the floor. It wasn't that funny at the time. I recall as well when skying, a bit too fast while turning made me fall as well. This time it was the knee. Strangely, while the past years all it was recommended was "don't move and rest" now it's the opposite. Make your body work the more you can (read in the paper following a study from the UK). It's still a wonderful machine anyway. But taking care of it has its rewards. It can take you far away. Have another piece of cake...

No comments: