Friday, September 19, 2008

State of the art

There is a new space for modern art that I discovered a few weeks ago. This is the Berlinische Gallerie where I went for the photographer Herbert Tobias (1924–1982). Mostly black and white, his work in colour was mostly for fashion or gay magazines. The gallerie, from its creation, helped the photographer to carry on his work and that is why you find there an amount of his pictures. All beautiful, but some subjects I was not comfortable with or something disturbed me in a way with the subject or the way It's been made. I didn't follow the nice guy who made an explanation of some of his work, first because of the language and secondly I let myself go wherever my steps bring me and obviously not in the way It should be. If you are interested with the artist, please have a look on the text of the gallerie, It explains better than I can do. A place to discover.

No comments: