Sunday, January 24, 2010

The blind side

Michael Oher, a homeless African-American youngster from a broken home, is taken in by the Touhys, a well-to-do white family who help him fulfill his potential. At the same time, Oher's presence in the Touhys' lives leads them to some insightful self-discoveries of their own. Living in his new environment, the teen faces a completely different set of challenges to overcome. As a football player and student, Oher works hard and, with the help of his coaches and adopted family, becomes an All-American offensive left tackle. The blind side is the kind of american movie you expect to have a good time. And you will with this one and be happy for the guy (I hope he is, because they say It is based on a true story). Nevertheless, I find in it all clichés you expect as well, and I can't help thinking for myself, for one "saved", how many stay on the street that nobody wants to help ? I know I should clean my front door before looking the one of my neighbour but I had this idea while watching the movie, that I liked a lot I admit, so I share. Enjoy.

No comments: