Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fox

It sounds to me always very strange. Everytime I go to a party where I meet new people, I feel like I have to justify myself why the hell a the a French I came settle my life in Berlin (you will mention on purpose that I don't say Germany ... Berlin is NO Germany). Anyway, It happened again this evening where I was at this birthday party that German people find peculiar that a French guy came in their city to make a living. Well, It's not that strange at all. First, I left my country because I didn't feel myself confortable in it. I disagree with almost allthings that France does lately but still very proud of being French abroad. There is such a gap between what France is really is and the image that people abroad have of my country. Maybe that's why I recognise myself more as a French outside because the values in the eyes of the foreigners are more livible as they are in France. Everyone outside France will tell how much they like the country, how much we are cultivated and friendly. Maybe. But when you are in the country, you don't feel like this at all. When I return anytime to see family and friends, I don't see myself anymore moving back to Paris. I made my life somewhere else where finally being French means something. And that is refreshing. Meanwhile, I still have to explain over and over again what is mysituation in Berlin. Is this curiosity, interest, chit chat, boredom of the other conversations ? do I sound that exotic coming from a country which has a common border with Germany ? All this happened tonight at Bistro Fox for the birthday of a friend of mine. I wish my other friend will not go the wrong step with this guy and put away her marriage and her two children. I warn her and I hope she understood. Men ... all that because he has some troubles with his girlfriend, he has to flirt with married women without taking care if he puts in danger their life. I have no respect to that and I guess he understood my point of view. From far what I saw, that gives him the thrill to go further. Can't wait about the phone call I'll receive tomorrow from my friend who stayed longer than I did.

No comments: