Sunday, January 17, 2010

Snow

I don't recall myself having seen so much in Berlin since years. Everyone says the same so I believe It is true. We are under the snow since one month. The first snow flakes arrived end of october and we said It was too late compared to the year before. Now It seems It goes on and on without end. Today again It's snowing. All is white and I like it very much because there is no noise in the city. My windows are all covered with this white blanket and It's like I'm living lately in an igloo. Very strange feeling. Of course, compared to the igloo, there is central heating in my home. But It brings a sense of tranquility, a je-ne-sais-quoi of peacefullness that is much appreciated compared to the rythm of the week.Coming back from the pool, I could not use the bike anymore, this is exceptional for me. Not even tomorrow, I am not sure to take it to go to work. But I still can go walking, It just doubles the time. But I stopped along the way just to feel the snow falling gently on my face. At this very moment I had a song of the latest album of Charlotte Gainsbourg in my ears and It fits perfectly with the mood outside. I like it.

No comments: