Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Philarmonie

Tonight I was at the Philarmonie again. I go once a week perhaps but I am lucky enough to have a good friend working there. So whenever there are seats available, he calls me and ask if I want to come for the tonight's concert.
- hello, I have tickets for tonight. Wanna come ?
- OK !
(well with the both of us the real conversation will last at least half an hour, we talk a lot).
The program is almost everytime very good. It allows me to discover pieces that I don't know. The range of classical music is so wide that ot goes from very classical to modern and it has good surprises. It's not that I am a classical fan but I still enjoy it. Tonight's program was
- ouverture of "Rusian und Ludmila" : Michail Iwanowitsch
- Concert for piano and orchester nr 1b-moll op. 23 : Tschaikowsky
pause : champagne and small talk
- symphonie nr 8G-dur op. 88 : Dvorak
We coyuld feel the conductor Marek Janowski was not very motivated by the Tschaikowsky piece but the piano leader Alexei Volodin gave all; his heart and talent to it. The best part was the last.
What I appreaciate at this place is the building. http://www.classictic.com/venues/33
It's really something amazing and the accoustic is surprising from every seat.
I also enjoy the pause because you can watch from the first floor all kind of people coming at the concert. Tonight I knew it would be an evening for the elderly people because the bus was packed and we all went out at the same station.
And it's one of the rare places you can eat yummy bretzel drinking champagne !

No comments: