Friday, October 19, 2007

what's the hell anyway ?

I don’t really remember when I was 21 or I guess I don’t want to remember. I say that because I have a new trainee for one year. She’s at the age where all the possibles are in her hands and suddenly I measure the gap between us. It’s not that I feel old, not at all, I just feel older and with such an experience that I am always keen on sharing. One point I noticed straight away and I already did the same with some other post teenagers, they can’t concentrate. Modern life offer them such a range of everything straight away (from food to pleasure to money to …) that when they don’t get what they want immediatly they react as spoiled children they are or at work when it’s getting too repeating their mind is traveling somewhere else and we need to do the job 3 times before it’s correctly done. Of course they go faster than me on the computer and they can be multitasked when it’s hard for me to change a conversation’s subject but at least I don’t complain when the first day I don’t have the passwords of the computer. It’s happening the same with the trainee. She has no experience of work but believes she can do everything. It’s been confirmed by another friend who has difficulties to make his trainee understand that life at work is not only coffee-lunch-cigarette breaks. She even wants to know what the weather she will get next winter just to be ready and buy some clothes. Sorry, I’m no meteorologist. She’s not leaving, she’s consuming. She does not go in a shop to buy a dress for example, she goes to a store where you can buy clothes at their weight !
She told me her mother is pushing her because she doesn’t know what to do with her life. Helloooooooooooo, she’s 21. Did you know what you wanted to do at the same age ? I don’t even know now, so before … . And it’s quite irritating sometimes because I feel like the bad parent who wants to show the right way (or what I believe as) and I share the worries of the parents who are tired to give lessons to their children who just don’t care. And it’s definitly not the role I want to play. I really wonder what it will be in few years. How will react my best friend’s children when they will realize that Mama and Papa are not there anymore to feed them and nobody’s there outside waiting for them to give a public crisis. I guess I don’t want to know.

1 comment:

DirtyBitchSociety said...

Are you kidding? I still don't know what the hell I'm gonna do, when I grow up. Hahaha, I'm 48 and just can't decide? How nice would it be, to turn back time, know what I know, maybe ditch some of it but have body parts that were where they're supposed to be. Suck it up, right? I just tuck my tits in my belt and keep on keepin on, lol!

Have a good weekend sweets!
Mwah!