Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Comme si, comme ça

My issue with the German can start from early morning. Either they don't say "good morning" (actually it's the best of all even if you believe it's impolite ... it is I agree), or they wait you to tell them "good morning" because you arrive at work after them (true !, i've been told so) or if you are in good terms with the one you welcome the next question will be : "how are you ?" and that is not to ask. Because since I've been in Germany for the first time (and it's been a while ago) I don't remember having heard anything else than complaints. It's never going well. The French will don't ask yourself "how are you?", he/she will ask you if you're ok and you will answer yes. The German has always something wrong. They are chronic sick from the body and/or the mind. The one I met this afternoon, "so you're ok?" "comme si, comme ça" (meaning more or less could be better). It's not that I want to know, daaaaaaaarling, I am just being polite but next time I will not ask because I don't want your sadness on me. I don't have the reason why It's like that. Coming back from work on the bicycle as usual I was driving on the sidewalk because Alexanderplatz is a nightmare of work in progress these days. Believe me this sidewalk on Karl Marx Allee is the biggest ever. It did not keep on this old man of threatening me with his stick because I was there instead of being on the road. Talking about other things I like politics but I don't think it's good to share your ideas with anyone, especially with your friends. It's too much purporse of arguing. Anytime we started at dinner table you could be sure it was catastrophy. Nevertheless it's part of our life. What I dislike most is tabloïds coming in politics and the best example at the time is our french president and his (new) wife. No matter if we agree or not with his actions, although we don't hear much thanks to the press but if there is one thing we can agree with is that this man and his communication office know how to use medias. Whenever there is a big event in the french political life you can be sure that something will happen in his private one. So medias will focus on it and not to the interest of the people. I only regret humans are more interested on things happening to our celebrities than with their future life. Maybe theirs is too sad and they want to concentrate on something in else. Take for example : Kadhafi comes in France and put his tent in the garden of the palace ? our president get divorced. Visit to the UK ? he puts his (new) wife in front of the cameras to play Jacky O. dressed by Dior. And guess what ? when they arrived in London, Christie's put in auction a nude photo of her 20 years ago. And of course not a word of what happened during this visit. Lately we just don't hear a thing because the olympic flame takes all attention. They started to demonstrate in the UK but in France it took all its importance because the flame just put out. China uses the event as a bad thing for France and suddenly they are the good ones. China gives as well advices to the french politicians ! Our president found all this "a bit sad". No word about Tibet ? Can't wait to see what will happen in the US where the flame is now but there must be for sure some strong activists nearby. The olympic comitee will soon decide to stop the journey or not. To finish with something unexpected a male "doctor" wanted to cure its female patients from arthritis (he said it comes from something evil) practising cunilinghus. Surprised or not only one patient laid a charge against him. I guess it must be a "good" treatment after all.

No comments: