Friday, April 25, 2008

T.G.I.F.

Unlike our french pop idol Claude François who sang "le lundi au soleil ..." I like Mondays. Of course it is difficult to go out from the warm bed but once it's breakfast, the day starts and I know that once arrived at the office after morning coffee I'll have the best part of the day (surprises appart) : the tales of the week-end. The boys stand with an understood look which says "yeah Man, I was good" blinking the eye and the girls blow air with a blasé look. I guess at this very moment that men watched the football game on TV drinking beer at the can eating crisps sat on the sofa when girls were at design bar dressed short siping their glass of white wine smoking cigarettes and waiting for the male. We really had this conversation with girls at the bar last week-end. You can see groups : women with their boyfriend they do not allow to move, men together and women together. I never see men flirting with women or even the contrary. From the hearsay of the girls they find it very sad (when a few years before they rejected a man in approach) and from the men they are too scared from the girls. So in the end nothing is happening except getting drunk at the bar talking loud. And it is not something only Frenchs noticed because a german music group called Wir sind Helden is singing Aurélie, the story of a french girl, new in the german capital believing that flirting is everywhere the same and is surprised how German react (I am too, truly, even in the gay german world). If you speak german, you will understand what I'm talking about, otherwise get a translator (you might find a cute one if you go out tonight ...). But nevertheless anything is possible and if you wish to go out this website can help you. Berlin unlike : there you will find what's trendy in the city, sometimes boring as well. I've tried many of those places and I hardly had surprises. There are places on this list I'll never go back, some others I go when friends come to visit. Mostly straight places if you don't know which day to go. But you can ask me. I'll go investigate if I've never been to. Speaking of that, I am always pleased if you leave a comment ... and not only a link ! A little personal note would have been very much appreciated, especially on a subject I like. And to finish you can download the short film Lucky Blue but without english subtitles. I have no doubt everyone is fluent in swedish (actually language is optional). Tonight is week-end again (time flies ... but truly I am amazed how fast it goes and seems to go faster and faster !) and everything is possible. It seems that weather needs to get warmer here but no chance for now. So we'll secure and find a smoking bar and stay inside with girls siping a glass of white wine because I am no football fan and I don't drink beer !

No comments: