Monday, April 14, 2008

Cruising

Funny how the weather can influence the behaviour of the people, especially in cold countries when you expect at anytime after spring day that suddenly sun and warmth will pop up just like that. So Friday was an OK day and everyone was talking about the plan for the week-end. With some friends we decided to discover a bar we never went to (ok, there are so many we didn't try, don't be misunderstood, you pervert mind ...) around 10:00 p.m. all fine. Arriving slowly with the bike I could see a lot of people were outside at the terrace enjoying the chilly evening. I have to drive slowly because (I'll never understood why) but there is an amount of broken glass on the pavement you can't believe. I guess people break the glass on purpose so I get flat tyre very often (but I'm not the only one, he he he ...). A friend of mine advised me to look at the pavement when I'm on my bike. But no, I can't. I'd rather look at the building or people, it's more fun... oh and the cars as well I must look ... sometimes. Anyway, going out of the bar at about 3.00 a.m. it was raining and even more (cats & dogs ? in this case you can add elephants). From memory we don't remember it has been raining so hard. It means that to go to the next place that we chose and was close by we had the time to swim in our shoes and I don't talk about the clothes. So arriving at the disco with the body steaming (because of the difference of temperature between inside and outside and the water on the clothes, I'll let you imagine the attraction). Saturday was a Sunny day and in the evening walking by, you could feel testosterone on the way out as well. Men turning their head to watch your ass (surprised some turn their head back too), feeling free to drive the way they want, too fast, too loud, French celebrating a birthday on the terrace, and tourists everywhere. So it seems nice weather does want to come here too. Maybe a little more time to be patient and we will enjoy finally smoking our cigs outside on the pavement, the next cruising area.

No comments: