Sunday, July 6, 2008

Business Talk

It's always the same with the summer yearly work party. It's just boring, you don't want to be there, the weather is bad, the speech is neverending, and you say to yourself : "one hour, not more". Especially when your colleagues say the same. Then comes the first drink to share, you're shaking hands, we are all part of the family, you lite the first cig, you carry on meeting people you didn't see for long, "hey there, next Monday squash with me ?" (of course, dude, I'll break your back again), you refill the glass (shit, they already run out of red wine ?, but how long have I been there ? or how long did it take me to reach the bar ?) then you're hungry and the kitchen is almost closed, you meet your team who wants to have a bite with you, and then the show must go on, colleagues start to sing on the scene, disco is on and you start drinking Caperinha as It was only water with ice cubes and mint. Last thing I remember when I came back home : I fell on the floor.

No comments: