Sunday, August 9, 2009

Chez Gino

It’s the second time I go to the restaurant Chez Gino and I still recommend it as exactly for the same reason I did the first time. I discovered it in winter, with this kitschy forest themed wallpaper but this time I booked the terrasse, hoping for a good weather. Lucky us, we had and the whole evening was wonderful outside. Even if the choice on the menu is not wide, you feel like taking everything because all dishes give you urge. So the beautiful waitress suggests to order the drinks and let us happily live. We wanted to have red but the one we chose received no compliment from the girl. Her opinion was definitely confirmed when she made us taste a glass of the bottle. Then we said why not a rosé because of the heat and the choice we made was not the best one neither, so we asked the waitress to bring us what she thought was drinkable at her taste. So finely, we could read calmly the menu. French food may sound exotic sometimes but when I see Boudin noir, I can’t resist because I know the 3 cooks in the kitchen will take care of it with good taste. My friends took the veal meat and were not disappointed. The waiting time was absolutely normal for fresh food. The restaurant was fool again but this time outside. The portion are sufficient and you feel OK when you finish your plate. But you know how weak I am when the food tastes good, and all in this evening was nice, that we couldn’t resist to order dessert. There is, as the main dishes, just a few choices. We took the decision to take one plate for us three and because we are all chocolate fans, we took the chocolate mousse plate, which was absolutely delicious but far way too heavy for my small stomach. Then espresso to have a good taste of coffee in the mouth. The request of the bill brought us no anguish and we think that spending 25,-€ for such a dinner was in order. There was another bar in the area that I wanted to visit and that is why we headed to Goldenfinish, just two blocks away. It was too early in the week to have a real feeling of the bar but at least we noticed that It is well situated and there are some parties on week-ends. We were (not so comfortably I must say) sitting outside because the wood stool is too small but to end the evening, It was ok. I think I’ll come back this fall when we can stay inside because It is well decorated and the barman looks friendly.

No comments: