Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Dice

A new club opened end of January this year and made a party end of January. It was a real event because it closed just after it. The waterworks broke, the place flooded. Surfing on the net the other day to listen minimal music from Berlin, I jumped to the website of the club and Its radio. Very good indeed and I signed up the newsletter. They kept me updated with the launch of the works in the club, even made some movies on Youtube and announced me proudly that premiere new opening will take place July 31st. Unfortunately this day was not possible for me but I promised to go the week-end after. And I did. Friday. Then Saturday the next week. Can’t get enough of the place. The Dice is made in a previous electricity factory. The resemblance with berghain (where I was very disappointed last time I went the week before) will stop here because when It plays post industrial decadence, Dice plays nice atmosphere with a twist of lounge at the first floor, opened Saturdays. It is located just south of Alexanderplatz, so very easily reachable. I must say It is beautifully made, the door men are not aggressive, the guys are friendly and the bars are nice, and It is decorated with flowers … you are still in Mitte. Of course they need to make their clientele and at the time It is the young population that comes to visit. The straight ones are still on holiday in Mallorca and the gays in Mykonos so we will have to wait October to judge if the club will work or not. Nevertheless I noticed already people coming back the week after and the DJ’s playing are good and famous enough to attract. Friday and Saturday have different mood as the rooms opened in the club are not the same. They know that Fridays less people will come and we prefer something more intimate to start the week-end. We keep the big area for Saturdays. You also can find a garden. Smoking is allowed and for the time being, most of the crowd comes to investigate and estimate. Soon the parties outside in the city will close and we will have to select where to party this winter. I truly believe Dice is a good option.

No comments: