Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dragon Hunters

I wonder why I didn't hear before about Dragon Hunters. I guess because of the maerican other blockbusters. sadly. It’s one of the most fantastic animation film I ever saw … and It’s French ! Here we have the enterprises of Gwizdo e Lian-Chu, two dragon hunters who lives in a fantastic world of floating island. The first is a cowardly but speedy-talked young man whose passion is to have a contract signed for his job of everyday: the dragon hunting. But it's his big comrade Lian-Chu (as big as he's good) to fight against their amazing enemies. That's it, the dragons are almost always defeated, but hardly our heroes manage to be paid for this. It's a little jewel, very original especially for a French production (of animation, for in the comics we can see more better things of this kind). Last thing: pay attention to the catchy opening theme, "The dragon hunters song" by the Cure ! I was captured by this animation film like never before. I had to adapt myself first of all, because the characters evolve in a world that moves and flies (you’ll understand once you watch) and at first It is a bit disturbing. Once you did that, you just can only enjoy. Of course the story is simple, of course there are the bad guys, the good guys and the dragons but all filled with good mood. What thrilled me is really the shape of the animation. I can’t describe how beautiful I found it and so innovative. Please give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

No comments: