Sunday, July 22, 2007

call me !

I work in a call center. That means that you only have the name of the company without the advantages because it is a 100% sister company. So to make it short : you bring money, it’s good. It’s cheaper elsewhere, you’re fired, we close. Easy as that. And this is true. Don’t expect to be anything else than a statistic. It’s funny how people see us as no-people on the other side of the phone (actually a headset), but this is true : we are answering machines. I don’t think anymore. Everything’s coming by heart. I had again this conversation last week-end with a friend because he had some disagreements with his internet provider and he said that the call center answered him to try this, blab la bla and to call back if necessary. Of course it was necessary because still not working. You know why : because the more calls we receive, the more money we make. You know what : when you call and we ask you to call back, it’s because our time is counted : meaning that if you hang up in less than, let’s say, 2 mn, it’s good statistics for me and my level will stay in green. But mine is often in red : I don’t believe anymore, I don’t care and I like to talk and help people, which is not in the politics of the company. We don’t care if you’re satisfied or not. We care that the agent replies correctly and say the key words during the conversation. This is service level. So the company can justify to customers that the job is done.

No comments: