Wednesday, July 25, 2007

DDR

Last time I went to Berlin a friend was launching a party on Friday evening at the cinema Babylon (rencontres internationales) http://www.babylonberlin.de/ and I was invited. So I went. That’s the good part with the low cost airlines companies. Once you know you can fly, you never stop ! It’s easy, look at the best rate : I always have a look at http://www.rumbo.es/viajes/vuelos/home.do . The city is still in its move to change. After the fall of the wall, DDR (east germany) was absolutely the devil and not in fashion. Now it seems that there is a revival and everybody is talking about the ancient times on the other side when people had to care of nothing because the state was there. So because no place at friends was free I decided to try the new place to be : http://www.ostel.eu/ostel_zimmer_eng.htm OK, don’t arrive there a Friday evening after work at down when it’s raining. You’ll have only one idea : turning back. That’s what the city makes the first time. I agree, the ostel is in one of the part of the city where it is not written welcome. But at least you have the real city from the first step. And it is as well next door to the other place to be : Berghain : I go everytime I’m in town. Can’t have enough : http://www.berghain.de/ But have the strength to carry on. You won’t be disappointed specially by the service quality you will receive in a city where it’s not the main point. And it has been confirmed by one of my friend that everything you’ll find in the ostel he knows by heart because it’s part of his (previous) life. But people have nostalgia from this time now. The rest of the house is really nice. Very clean, completely renovated, cheap as well : you have the choice to share the room, have your own one or to share an apartment with friends. After the Babylon where we arrived very late we had a drink in a bar nearby and we had tickets to try the other place to be Bangaluu : www.bangaluu.com . Frankly said very disappointed. The doorman said that we could not enter because it was too late (haloooooooo !!!! we bought the tickets already !) . When we asked where it is written on the booking confirmation he let us in (surprised ? I was ready to play my asshole on this one). Once inside, forget. Very standard, music ok, drinks very expensive, very boring atmosphere. Well, after a bit of provocation which is fun, we left. At this same place there are gay parties Thé dansant Laloca on Sunday afternoons from 18.00 I heard it’s worth going. But I’m not the Sunday type, specially at this very hour when I hardly had my “morning” coffee

No comments: