Wednesday, July 18, 2007

San Juan

Why because I don't apply to what the others do, I am considered as a not outgoing person ? I had a very good time with friends even if I did not go to the beach. I explain : San Juan in Barcelona. This is a big time in the city, one of the biggest fiesta on the beach. San Juan is celebrated with a lot of fireworks, concerts, all chirigitos (those bars on the beach) are open, it's a lot of noise, it's a lot of people you can't imagine... and I don't like it. The crowd is stressing me. So we decided to do something else. First aperitif at Cactus, of course, Passeig del Born www.cactusbar.cat . The owner was previously at the Pitin bar and for whichever reason sold it to open this one, next corner ! Same concept, the people followed, cool. Then dinner at La Reina, hidden behind Santa Maria del Mar,
sant antoni dels sombrerers, 3 BAJO
Tel.: 933 195 371, very good food, and of fish which is not so often in the city (don't forget you're on the mediterranean side, so no big choice)
then first drink at Gimlet (Santaló, 46 Tlf: 932 015 306) as usual very busy but recommended by Wallpaper so I guess we know the place to be.
Back to Cactus again and to another one to dance (the Mix in C/ Commerz, close to Princessa) with the ladies and after disco but it was very foggy at this point so we went to bed. I didn't have the time to go to the beach anyway ...

No comments: