Monday, November 5, 2007

c'est un peu tiré par les cheveux !

il ne faudrait pas non plus couper les cheveux en quatre
j'ai un cheveux sur la langue ...
My hairdresser has never time free. The last time I tried to book an appointment with her it was last month and I had to wait ... another month to meet her. She put me on the waiting list but nothing happened. I guess no customer canceled its appointment with her. So I decided to save the money dedicated to her haircut and we'll go for dinner some nice evening. I noticed a french restaurant in the neighbourhood and I need a bloody entrecôte with fries. So because I couldn't bare to see my face in the mirror this morning coming back from work I stopped by the one down the street. I think it's called haarwerk or something similar. I chose this one because I remember noticing passing by the numbers on the screen. I understood coming in. You have to take a ticket to start the process. There is no one welcoming you. It is the most unpersonalized service ever. There is no garde robe neither. You leave your jacket wherever. When your number is called by the machine you go to wash your hair. An employee is washing your hair not even glancing at you. Once she's done I asked what's the next step : "just go back in the front and wait!" how about that ? I had number 6. I did not really understand how the guy who arrived after me could have picked up a number before mine because when 4 was called he just stood up to sit with the hairdresser. Doesn't matter, I had my book and I listened the Madonna's concert playing loud in the salon. I didn't know she made a remix of Donna Summer's "I feel love". But her voice is definitly something else in concert ! anyway it was soon my turn and I asked for short cut (I REALLY needed it). the hairdresser is friendly, can't say the contrary but don't expect him to make the conversation or to entertain you while he's cutting. He's paid to cut hairs, he does it, punto final. At least it saves you to do the same. One thing I noticed is that the guy used a razor but as a machete, quite impressive. And after a while I guess he had enough, took the mirror and showed how it looked from behind. That was the signal of the end but I keep believing it could have been shorter. But hey ! it costs almost nothing. He even put my head under the shower. Drier and gel are optional and free to use on the table but please leave the towell in the basket before going out, thank you. It's quite a new experience but strangely the only thing I want to do now is to make an appointment to the hairdresser !

No comments: