Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Airports

I flew to Paris. I love airports. I spent so many hours in those and I still like it. Some are very nice and relaxing, some are ugly and stressfull. It’s a microcosm of the ideal world. All people together going in the same direction waiting for the same thing. I think I had all kind of adventures in airports. The delay of course, falling asleep, flight canceled, wrong terminal, no pilot, flat tyre (of the plane freezing cold in Göteborg) snow storm (Toronto), overbooked, trowley rolling alone on the alley and breaking itself next to me... It's one of this moments in life you just can't do anything but admit. Sometimes elements are against you and learning patience is all about it, which I don't. Or getting drunk, which I do but it's rare that the hostess comes with alcohol on the tray, although ... . It happened once on a flight to Miami : I spent a big time on the flight with the steward in the rear drinking the mini bottles of gin. He then invited me to Fort Lauderdale but I don't know why, I felt like trapped. I was expected anyway and it was too far from my place. The flight was empty, we had to wait 6 hours in Paris because there was no plane, those stories. Actually it was welcome. Another time the personnel wanted to have fun so after take off they just took some carbonic snow and ran from head to rear of the plane screaming. Of course that made an impression. I clapped my hands. But most of the time it's just enough to wait so the best thing is to put some good music in the ears : Kalimba

No comments: