Saturday, December 1, 2007

Contradiction

It's always when I listen spanish music in a bar drinking my glass of wine that I start thinking of Barcelona. Funny how just a music theme can make you remember of what you had before without noticing at the very moment that you had a good time. It's like a sad song that reveals you feelings you thought lost deep in your heart. Listen to a sad song and the thing you want most of all is cuddle up with your man in the warmth of the bed. But in the end nothing happens the way you want to.
Last night was discovery. Because I always drive myself in the same direction of the city yesterday I turned the other way to Prenzlauer Berg. It's kind of hype and a lot of tourists stay there. On my way to the trendy places I stopped to a bar I liked the name : Schneeweisschen und Rosenrot. It sounds difficult to say (and it is for me) but the place is for everyone. No special public inside but you feel at ease inside. It is also very big and talking with the owner who's also behind the bar he told me that it is also a restaurant. Looking at the menu I told myself this a place I coild enjoy dinner. Apparently we also should come for lunch time Sundays when the chef is cooking specialties. As well as for Christmas : you'll get food of Berlin, meaning sausages and potatoes salad. The best part of the bar is certainly the strawberry mojito that I never saw before and of course the wine. Lars the owner made a good choice with the Merlot which is very rare. This one is light and fruty. A place to come back to enjoy the red leather sofas. But the ambiance makes it all and it was time to close the bar and I heard some weeks before that for the time in the area a gay disco had opened lately. A chance I told the barman because the opening was last night and he was invited so I went with him at BT club . This is a good idea to place a gay disco there because though gays are everywhere there was no entertainment round the corner. Now it's done. I can't make any critics because again it was the opening so the owner shows you the big picture adn when you come back to the bar the second owner you knew nothing about wants to bring you to the same tour but reverse ! sorry mate, already done this one ... But if it stays like this I might go once in a while. Public is mostly gay but I'm sure ladies will not feel themselves alone with the charmant waitress. It's not dark and it's not big. It's like many rooms all joined together so it creates a movement in the disco with a meeting bar which is the bar. And again it was late and the party was soon over. So time to come back under the rain.

No comments: