Wednesday, January 2, 2008

It's show time



I never was a big fan of series, outside of my youth when I couldn't take off my eyes of "the bionic woman" (the original one, please Darling, I just wanted to run like her slowly, all motion decomposed in a feminine and seducing way) or "Charlie's angels" because I loved the cars they had, or even "The thunderbirds" because Lady Penelope had a wonderful pink Rolls with plenty of gadgets ... and a chauffeur. Outside of those nothing really I found interesting when all friends talk about famous TV shows. Except that Dexter has a little plus that already teased me. The story, first. I needed to see how they will turn a nice guy into a serial killer and that story will last long enough 2 series. Second, there will not be a third part and that is what I appreciated the most because I knew from the start I will not have to wait years to get any no-end. Third, the people you know from the pilote, you keep until the end except rare "guests". And no violence (unlike the story lets supposed it), no big special effects, no sex, no moral. And that is somehow refreshing because for a long time the writter does not give you the way to follow. You have to make up your own mind. The main character you already know him from Six feet under and he's playing this time more with his body (and that is good so). It's also good that with each episode you have a story completed. Not that you're not curious what will come next but you still enjoyed this episode. It's also long enough for you to be able to wait for the next one. Each of it lasts one full hour and you get the feeling you went to see a movie. Furthermore even if the rythm is quite slow you're not bored. You're happy to share the feelings of this guy because in a way he looks like me and you. He speaks himself in his head and thinks exactly opposite of what we expect him to deliver. And it is also nicely made, Miami seems nice and quite (when you know the city, it's not reflecting at all the truth, but you don't need to be de-concentrated). If you look at it, only one thing remains the same from start to end : the clothes he wears when he's doing his "business". But on the contrary of the character explains, he has more feelings than some other people I know. So enjoy the show. If not please switch off and go outside.

No comments: