Friday, December 2, 2011

Art Gerecht

This evening we try something new. Art Gerecht. Live will play Coby Grant. I noticed the place a few months ago and I thought first it is only a (good) coffee bar, only open during day time. But it happens to be much more than that, very much more. On the rear there is a concert room where coms artists who play acoustic music. Last month I found no time to go but I book my evening and wants to go. This is what is said about the artist (from the main page of Art Gerecht) : "Australia’s sweetheart of acoustic pop, Coby Grant is a woman of many talents. Fiercely independent, she is a free spirit, savvy business woman and most fittingly, a genuine artist. The popular single, “A Song About Me” has been used on television commercials around the world, revealing new supporters in the most surprising places, such as Scandinavia! Having performed over 170 shows in the past year throughout Australia, Denmark, Sweden, Czech Republic, Germany, the UK and the USA and securing a number of stellar support slots alongside international artists such as Don McLean (USA), Newton Faulkner (UK #1 Artist) and Toni Childs (USA), Coby’s soaring vocals and candid lyrical style continues to win the hearts of Australian audiences and now, she’s going global. This year, Coby Grant will embark on her most epic journey yet, with tours planned through Europe, Canada and the USA." I quite interested I must say. I never had the idea such a place was so nearby and I am already a fan on Facebook. I might go more often at concerts. They also give singing and other art lessons.

No comments: