Sunday, December 18, 2011

Weinachstfeier

So it was again yesterday the Christmas party of the company to celebrate its employees. 4 hours of speech and then dinner with open bar. Until midnight. But during this time, we all love each other when at the office we hardly say good morning. It's every year the same, more people maybe as the company is growing, more young people as I am getting older, same speech, same wine, same food, same place, same rain. One detail changes every time. I have noticed I go away earlier. Either I'm drunk earlier or I get bored after having done what I call my "public relations". We never know. After that ? I need a drink of course and that's when the party really starts. I came back this morning, not really fresh I must say, and this evening, though invited at friends' place for dinner, not a drop of wine nor one cigarette. And this is interesting because I noticed that 1) when you are a non smoker, I understand smoke disturbs you and irritates your throat and 2) when people starts to get drunk, you are not in the mood and only wants to go home. When you look at your friends having fun and laughing for nothing, you just behave trying to understand the words they try to articulate, not with really much success. Then you say goodnight. Goodnight.

No comments: