Sunday, December 11, 2011

Green

I love my flat. It costs me a fortune but I just love it. It's the reason why I didn't go far away on holidays since two years, no sun, no sea (I miss that so much) but hey, no risk no fun. And I have many. It's my choice and I'm not complaining. On the contrary, I feel myself lucky to have a roof above my head. Anyway, It has 3 rooms and one I used to have as a bedroom. But I did some renovation and since then my bedroom is somewhere else. So I have a spare room that friends use when they come to visit but most of the time It is empty. I did move the computer room and my desk also somewhere else in the flat. So I figure out I could rent it. Not for long term but for week-ends or a week or two when tourists or business (wo)men are in town. So I started to renovate it. The furniture are all here so no bigy but the initial colour I put when I moved in, well, It's easy, I don't like it anymore. It's a light beige but I'm more in dark colours, I feel It goes better with the flat. The other colours you will find in my place are bright red, some darg grey, a marine blue, a bordeaux and a mix of all those I used to paint my bedroom. So let's say I don't like white walls. Of course to put life on the walls, you will also find a lot of pictures, paintings, drawings, maps, mirrors, so you could say I live in a modern museum. But It looks like me. But, how can I design a room that belongs to my flat where I live but is for people I don't know and they will have to pay (a little) to rent it (if ever) ? The marine blue I used for the corridor is nice but too strong. I decided to have a dark green, so I can try to make it. I went to the store and bought some bright and gold yellow. I did it this afternoon. Actually, I think I like it but I can't be sure for now. The colour is not dry yet and It's dark outside now so, with only the lights on, I can't judge. Let's say I'll talk about it another time. It's time for dinner and relax.

No comments: