Saturday, March 8, 2008

Blue lagoon

I remember Iceland ... I went twice. When I was working for "biiiiiipppp" I had a customer in Reykjavik and we met at least three times a year. They always come to see me where I stayed in different countries following where the fairs took place. And one day I said "I 'll come to visit you". They never believed it because they say no one ever visited them, too far, too lost, on the way to nowhere except north pole but I bet ... and won. And it was a revelation. First because flights to the US are much cheaper if you fly with Icelandair. Second because you must stop in Iceland because there is no direct flight and this is a luck. It's a beautiful country still completely wild. Of course there is the big city, well Reykjavik is the city of the country, which is also very welcoming and don't expect a small village lost in la pampa. There you find all trends and design you wish with this "je ne sais quoi" that gives you the need to own everything you touch. I wished I could buy many things there but no space in the luggage and a container was out of the question. We went out a lot in the city and also outside. Once you take the road It's another world again and you can't help yourself being amazed by such beauty and tranquility. Nice people. There are things in your life you easily forget but somehow this memory is still very fresh to me and I'm grateful to them that they shared with me a piece of their land.

No comments: