Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sugar daddy

Last evening before going out I had apéritif at a bar, newly reopened in my street. I like it very much. It's warm and cosy, friendly as well, if you're hungry they'll always find something, It's big enough and everyone has space and you can smoke, which is nowadays a criteria. The wine is good (there is a choice) though a little expensive but I prefer that as a big glass with undrinkable beverage. At the Neue Odessa Bar (no website yet, It's Torstr. 89, corner Gormannstr.) you hear jazz or old 60's 70's music, there is no direct light but candles on every table which adds warmth when It's raining outside. I always choose a well situated spot so I can have a look to the people inside while enjoying my time. Last night was the beginning of the week-end so people planned their night or just met to tell their weekly stories. In my back a small private room but empty, only a couple was behind me and the boy tried to play nice and gentle with the girl so he could spend his night not alone. Directly in front of me two couples drinking white wine and beer but one of the girl talked too much and loud and did not listen the other ones so in the end they stopped answering and smiled at each other while looking tired. On my left at the bar two men. The one facing me glanced at me but could not leave the conversation. After that a woman alone writing things in a book. Strangely everytime I go there someone is writing something. It's strange that alone in a bar you feel obliged to have a habit or keep your hands active or show you're busy. I don't. Staring there doing nothing is a nice habit as well. People can feel disturbed but they can approach me. I don't bite (although ... but It's another story). You will notice as well the movements of the tables, meaning there are tables which will be always occupied and some other never. yesterday happened the same. Two girls left a next table of mine and the next ones arrived and took the same table. It's a sugar daddy. I can tell. Chewing drinking smoking talking all at the same time. Covering with his look his young protégé playing the pygmalion. Everytime I see this I can't help thinking of "My fair lady". Another couple joined them and they all started to drink champagne. 3 other woman entered and seemed to have fun under the rain because they were completely wet but laughed loud. I remembered one had a dress like a parachute. Fashion here is very creative. But my phone rang and it was time to join my friends at Moebel Olfe where the public is definitely different. I learned that the place where the bar celebrated its 5 years anniversary is now a disco so I will have to investigate. We joined then the rest of the group at Moebel Fabrik. We had to go back near my place because It's Brunnenstr. You enter a building hall and then It's downstairs. At the time we arrived It was already packed and there was not even space at the garderobe so I just waited there to hang my coat. It's full of spanish tourists. I guess the spanish like Berlin because they can feel free on the contrary when they're home. Music is not bad but the public is very young so not my kind of place. It's a shame because Larent Garnier was playing at berghain. Drinks are cheap. I even met one of my trainee who was looking for a boy to get invited for drinks and cigs. Little bird, she's so sweet but also a real bitch. She's funny because sometimes she thinks I'm her daddy so it brings me back to the man at Neue Odessa Bar. I can understand a young man is attracted to an old one. It's an exchange. The young is looking for advices and tales of experiences so he learns what life can be. He's looking as well for money because the old is supposed to pay for everything and making presents, expensive presents so the young can parade. The older one is looking for a peace of youth that will never come back and being kept updated with latest news of their world. He's happy to share (buy ?) and has the feeling he's still attractive and interesting. So It's good war. And both of them have the sense of existing. But all my little group was already lost underground so It was time for me to leave. Still rainy outside.

No comments: