Friday, March 14, 2008

Punto final.

Well It's confirmed the German can't handle more than a few days no public transports in the city. Well actually they are not so bad deserved because there are some transports. But they still are unhappy (German seems to be an unhappy people anyway) and I say that It's not (again) that I am complaining but they really are : In the train my colleagues told me that they want to go all together without letting the ones who want to go out of the train before, It's logical to give space to everyone but no. They want to go inside, punto final. Once inside they look for a seat and there are no more, they just stand there without moving from where they are, in the middle. They could do a few steps to free the entrance but no. They're there, punto final. So if you travel by train you have all the space you wish ... in the middle of the wagon ! Saw yesterday on the street (true) : 1) I cross with the bike Alexanderplatz. The bus at the crossroad saw the red light maybe a second too late so the wheels stoped in the middle of the zebras, no big deal ... except for the angry agressive German who shout at the bus and asked rudely loudly the driver to drive back ! 2) I was invited to an exhibition opening yesterday evening (forget) and while on the bike (on the road for once) I saw a woman driving her bike on the other side on the sidewalk. She passed next to a man walking but coming to her and suddenly pushed her strongly. She fell of course, hurt herself and they started to argue (you can imagine) strongly. I still don't understand why the man did that except he argued that he was fed up that bikes were driving on the sidewalks. I do it myself and frankly said, I never saw anyone hurt on the contrary when you drive on the street, if there are no cycling paths, the German will not see you and drive over you without blinking an eye. They really should do a training in Paris. Maybe they will learn. After those events we went with friends to a french restaurant called "Nord et Sud". It's like my cantine. There is no web site, the guy does not need one, his place is full everyday. He's a really nice guy and there is no written menu but the choice of 3 menus that he explains you on the table. 3 dishes = 7,50 € + a glass of Beaujolais + a (real french) coffee = 10 €, I say feel free to book a table. It is simple food but good and It feels like home or when you go out for lunch with your colleagues. It's the place round the corner you can go everyday. Even a girl had her birthday, we lighted the candles, turn off the lights and sung "happy birthday" (in french of course). Then a quick last glass of "Gueule de Loup" wine at the Neue Odessa which I like more and more. Punto final.

No comments: