Monday, March 3, 2008

A storm is coming


We should not deny climate on earth is changing, for whichever reason. Of course if we identify the reasons why this is happening that might help to find the cure but let's face it how do you want to make understand all countries together when they all have different interests. Nevertheless It's been some years that we are surprised how our planet reacts. It's like our body. When something is wrong our enveloppe says stop and suddenly something unusual is happening. The same with the blue planet. I was frightened the first time in Paris some years ago when a storm was in the city. Luckily I was in my bed when It happened but It was scary. I remembered some time after for business I was in Taipei and the huricane started. I didn't move from my hotel room (we couldn't fly anyway) or another time in Toronto being obliged to stay in the airport because of the snow. Strangely It seems very comon to the people. We have to face catastrophies to realize that It does not stop. This week-end in Europe was a new storm and we hardly went out because we just could not. The clip of this Airbus in Hamburg (which is 2 hours away from Berlin) shows that It can surprise everyone. As far as I remember leaving in Berlin in winter was a nighmare and It was not rare to face minus 18° C in February and to have snow until April. I don't say we could go to the beach now but It is much warmer than It used to be and we had snow in Barcelona last year. I don't think It will go better but I will surely not be there anymore to see the end. If it does not come from human beings It will come from the sun that will explode sooner or later. And there won't be any Phenix or Storm from the X-men to save our race.

No comments: