Monday, February 18, 2008

The 5th one

Saturday's afternoon's concert was at the concert hall at Gendarmenmarkt. You can't miss it : it's between the 2 churches. There is an explanation why those are named "French" and "German" but I simply forgot. I just can say that Gendarme in french means someone from the police. In France not every policeman depends of the same ministry. Anyway this concert hall is very nice ; statues, marble floor, big candelabres and the plus is that at the break you can go out smoking your cig with your glass of wine because the doors of the terrace are opened. Ok, these days are cold and because I put my coat at the garderobe I'm just freezing ... maybe waiting for the doorman to warm me up with his cape but this is another story. Bruckner was played at the first part ; not my fav must I say and even sometimes a bit difficult for the ears especially when it talked about marching to war. So we really needed the break and after that we heard Beethoven 5e symphonie . As usual with Beethoven the conductor (the same as with the 9th at Christmas) played it too fast (I guess he's bored playing the classics) and it's now funny to see the musicians trying to follow the rythm or to smile at him while resting between notes. It's an excuse to go out.

No comments: