Saturday, February 16, 2008

Crema catalana

It all started at the dinner table. We wanted first to try this french restaurant (I'll try it later) but no table was available so the plan B was to go to the spanish one that I looked for a long time : Bar Celona . I remember while living in Barcelona I enjoyed everytime those tapas to share at the table so I wanted to see if we could export the concept. Well, it does, fortunatly. But the quality compared to what I experienced is not exactly as good as expected, nevertheless it's good food. We had those croquetas, patatas bravas, queso manchego, crema catalane ... that I like very much. The service is nice as well, a bit long following the german standards but I don't mind opening the second bottle while the (spanish and nice) waitress does what she can alone in the room and anyway one of the friend was veeeeeery late. Again the German have early dinner so when we started at 10.00 p.m. it was not empty but almost. Even the café solo is good, like I used to drink it and not that brown water we serve you here. The girls wanted to look after men (it's week-end ...) so I took the people to Lining. That's where I take my straight friends because it is very posh, you can smoke and the drinks are bad and expensive. But everbody loves it. If you're lucky you can lay on big sofas in the middle of Mitte boys and Mitte girls (Mitte is my area and my friends say I look completely at my place!) looking and criticising all those bees trying to play a role. Nice looking men and girls but my world started to get bored and had the need to speed up. I heard about a party in my neighbourhood and while the girls changed their clothes to be ready for the big night I tried it alone. Good for me, not even worth mentioning it : expensive, bad music, empty, out please and quick. And it was good timing because we all joined a few minutes later, took a taxi (it's worth in the city) and headed to the place I wanted to try as well Tresor. I remember this club was very famous years ago when it was located near Potsdamer Platz. Because the owner of the building sold the whole corner the club had to find a new location. It is based now in the lower floor of the electricity company. It is very big, crowdy and smoky and the shots of vodka started. But the music and people were not as I expected, you never find twice the same ambiance and your memories are all what it lasts. Earlier the club was known for its alternative scene. People went there to experience unknown emotions that are long gone. Thanks to globalisation when the spanish come here they can feel like home. So it was not yet sunset and another group of friends send me a message to inform that they were at Kaffee Burger which was a good plan because it's at my corner. So a good spot to finish myself. The good news is that at this place you don't talk with people because you want to have sex for the rest of the day (well men always try with girls but at a certain even sex is "hard" to get) but just to have a chat which is very relaxing. But I don't like going back home when it's already day light. This morning was an exception but it is true that we are far east where the sun comes up earlier ! And In the mood I was I didn't see much light anyway.

No comments: