Saturday, February 23, 2008

Tu passes à l'apéro ?



Well I guess I can't be very proud of this. When French say their cooking is the best in the world (Ok, I agree it's true) and our country is worldwide known for the food we just learn from a study what my fellows buy the most at the supermarket. Let's only talk about the first ten products in turnover. What would be your choice ? Beef, Sea food, Lychees, toilet paper, light bulb ? uh uh ... let's have a look : It is the bottle of Ricard, this very sweet aperitif with the taste of anise that you mix with water and ice cubes. It is famous in summer because at the café terrace or in the garden sat on your plastic chair everybody drinks it (and I don't speak from the camping place). I am sure now that It's not only a summer fashion and we drink it all the time. Thank you America because after being drunk we need refreshments so at the second place comes Coca Cola which entertains our obesity. But the french feels guilty and is sometimes really thirsty so at the third place comes the six pack bottle of water that nobody knows except It's cheap. It is true that we don't really trust la agua municipal and certainly for good reasons. But what do we eat will you ask me ? the first non-liquid product comes at the fourth place and again what do you think will appear ? Nutella ! It is a chocolate paste you spread on your bread or simply with a spoon directly to your mouth. Then comes water and beer again and water and water together with coffee powder. But in my country what do we eat will you ask me ? nothing. We don't eat, we drink. Now I have the choice : getting drunk or opening a restaurant.

No comments: