Thursday, February 7, 2008

The wanderer

Sometimes I play The wanderer . I left work early, at about 4.00. Early in the afternoon but I started at 7.00 so that means because I'm slow in the morning I wake up at 5.00. I thought I could go to the pool but I like to change areas so I decided to go somewhere else. I heard from friends and colleagues that the Swimming pool in Landsberger Allee is vey nice and I took the bycicle and went to see how it is. Well, I didn't find it so easily. I made the mistake to go too far and reached another pool. It was the wrong one and drove back. I found it really by mistake when I wanted to see something else, some kind of Forum lost in the city. I first thought it was a park but actually the pool is underneath ! big surprise. The place is the biggest I ever saw. The ones who come there are strong swimmers and I said to myself it will be difficult to even try to follow them. Of course I took the wrong lane and because they swam too fast for me I changed lane. And yet it was too slow but the damage was done and I couldn't move my left shoulder anymore. So I stopped at even not 700 meters which is bad. Anyway after some chat in the changing rooms I took the bycicle back and got lost ! I didn't know where I was, tried to see where the Fernsehturm was (it's a good spot) and didn't see anything. I just drove straight down and it happened to be that I was way too far from the center. At this point I said that I needed a drink but wanted to visit a new place ... that I never found ! It's such a bad evening. I drove back home very tired, parked the bike, went for a drink at the corner reading the paper and now it's time for bed. Tomorrow is friday and it's time to have a look at the Berlinale .

No comments: