Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hamlet

Sometimes it's just the right moment to smoke cigar. It's not the same that smoking cigarettes. I smoke cigarette because I like it and in parties, bars and restaurants because it gives me a gesture. But I'm a heavy tar smoker and after a while I don' t even need to smoke anymore because my mouth is full of the smell. I don't even enjoy the wine anymore. Smoking cigar is something else. I need time and to be peaceful. Yesterday was exactly the right time. I had no plan for the evening. I went in a cosy bar, ordered a nice glass of wine and lighted my cigar. It's no big long cuban one because I can't smoke those things and of this size I prefer something else in my mouth but those mild ones that do not last too long and you don't need to re-light every 2 minutes. It was not that crowdy, not that noisy, cold outside. The thing with cigar is that it is most of it only tobacco when in cigs you find a lot of different chemicals. The same brand of cigs does not have the same taste here and in another country (true, tested and not approved), it's like orange juice or tea bags you bring back from the UK because you liked it there and back home it's not that tasty anymore (it's the water daaaaarling). Cigar as long as you take the same tobacco will not differ from taste. So having this I went through the things I accumulate in my pockets and found this back : Art walking . It's simple and good idea. You don't like art and your afficionado friends or family come for a week, you like art but new in the city, do not like tourist guides, you want private visits or to come inside from "entrée des artistes", all those things related to art in Berlin, this one's for you. Art walking will do it for you and with you. And it must have been the art day because earlier I remember talking with Conrad Dornberger . He leaved in Spain like I did and came back to his country to finish his studies at the arts university. I guess it's easier in your language, even though sometimes... A non-artist like me having a conversation with an artist is always very nourishing. Will I light a second cigar ?

No comments: