Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Heart beat

Don't believe German are rude. They're not. They just have no sense of civism. Especially here in Berlin. So if anytime you're traveling here, don't be surprised if someone in front of you opens the door and without a look behind, slams it at your face. Believe me, if you're not ready, it can hurt badly (body and soul). I first was very upset about those behaviours and then I learned to stay a few steps forward when I know a door will be opened in front of me. And I am never surprised. I don't know why they're like that. I tried many times to bring the subject at the table but It seems they just don't care. German still believe they rule the world and their way is the ultimate one. That's why many of them leave the country, learning there is another way and feeling fed up of their neighbour. Since the wall fell, It is a big turn for them. Some learn, some don't. The agressive look, no manner of politness, not helping, take and no give, I don't care what you do so don't mess around, the community against the personality ... . I could give other examples that I experienced but It's no fun. Outside the country journalists say that the city noticed a change, so It's a reality. Strangely at the time of East Germany and its totalitarist politic, It was a well known fact that It existed buildings occupied by "alternative" people. No one cared and It created this alternative move, well-known in the city and which attracts people from the rest of the country and abroad. Those buidlings were claimed back by the owners, family or relatives after the fall. Those buidlings were for most of them confiscated by the nazis and stayed abandonned after years, that's why people without ressources or with another way of living just took advantage of it. Now speculation makes it that owners sell buildings for profit and vamparize one of the heart of the city. It soon will not live anymore.

No comments: